POSITION: SPORTS DIRECTOR
Reports to: Section Principal
Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Sports Association Board, agree on the sports to be provided during each academic year along with season duration
- Hire and manage all coaches for each team (individually or via contract with a local sports club such as AIK)
- Act as the primary communications contact for players & coaches
- Communicate practice & game information to players & coaches
- Create on-line forms for registrations and policies
- Create and management of all team rosters.
- Arrange friendly games locally for each sport (against established targets)
- Coordinatie courts & referees for all home games
- Arrange practice facilities & ensure equipment is at practices
- Manage attendance at practices (via coach)
- Manage all sports equipment & uniforms
- Work with Sports Association to recruit and manage Team Parent Coordinators as needed for each team
- Coordinate tournaments (i.e. NNST) with proactive communications, registration forms and management of logistics (i.e. travel, lodging, etc)
- Work in concert with the Sports Association which will manage the collection of fees for sports and tournaments based on registration forms.
- Work closely with the School, PTA, coaches/trainers and our student athlete members to promote the activities of the SIS Sports Association.
- Actively encourage students to join teams and tournaments
- Participate in NNST and NNSL meetings to represent SIS (along with SA Board as appropriate)
- Actively look at opportunities to join other leagues, tournaments and local school competitions
Qualifications, attributes and experience
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track-record of successfully working with sports teams/tournaments/sports events
- Solid level of written and spoken English and Swedish is required
- Ability to engage and inspire potential athletes
- Willingness and ability to work on a number of simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Permanent 80% Sports Director
Starting – As soon as possible
fast lön/fixed salary
Last day for applications: August 1st, 2019
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH
Candidates should submit a cover letter and C.V. to Marisa León, Director, email@example.com