POSITION: Secondary School English Language Acquisition Teacher
REPORTS TO: the Principal
- The teacher is responsible for the following: Teaching of Grades 6 to 10 English Language Acquisition.
- Pushing-into mainstream classes and working with students in subjects such as science, humanities etc.
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Assisting students with tasks from their mainstream classes.
- Liaising with staff in all subject areas to ensure the EAL students can access the curriculum.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience the teacher is expected to have:
- Qualifications in the area of English Language Acquisition.
Experience as a teacher.
Excellent communication skills in English, at a native speaker level.
The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
The ability to work effectively in a team
A pleasant and friendly personality.
The ability to function effectively under pressure.
The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It would be desirable for the successful applicant to have a working knowledge of the IB Middle Years Programme or its equivalent. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary – 100%
Starting August 9th, 2019; Ending June 16th, 2020
Last day for applications April 26th, 2019
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers. Please email a short statement of motivation as well as an up to date C.V. to Mr. David Osler at email@example.com.