In order to submit your application, you will be asked to pay an application fee of 1,500 SEK per child. This fee is not refundable even if the applicant is not accepted into Stockholm International School.
Acceptance to SIS
Acceptance to Stockholm International School is based on the applicant's:
- Willingness to share in an international culture and uphold the educational values and visions of the Stockholm International School Foundation.
- Past and present academic performance - the applying student must be in good academic standing and respected by his/her peers and teachers as a member of the school community.
Students wishing to apply to Stockholm International School must provide the following information in a PDF, zip or image file format:
- A picture of the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant's and parents' passports. Note: If you are a diplomatic family, we also require a copy of your visas.
- A copy of the applicant's immunization/vaccination record.
- Official school transcripts/report cards (in English) highlighting the last three academic years (where applicable).
- Psycho-educational reports (applicable for students with special needs).
You will be asked to upload documents in conjunction with the application form. Documents for each category must be combined into one file, e.g. a PDF or a zip file. Please do not email your documentation as it overloads the school's email system and is not a secure nor accepted way to satisfy the terms and conditions of the application process.
The Admissions Office will review each application and then schedule a school tour with the applicant and his/her family. While we understand that it is not always possible for overseas families to arrange an admissions tour of the school, it is always preferable to do so.
The Admissions Committee meets regularly to review all applications and decisions are communicated to families by email when a space becomes available. Acceptance of the space must be done through OpenApply within one week. Failure to respond via OpenApply within one week will result in the space being forfeited.
Review of the applications takes time. Students are admitted as spaces become available. Please note that candidates are only considered if the application is fully completed; incomplete applications are not registered to the waiting list or reviewed by the Admissions Committee. There is no deadline for the submission of applications but we recommend that you send in your application as early as possible.
If you have any questions please contact our Head of Admissions.